Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic
Most patients want to have liposuction done by a doctor who specializes in this procedure because daily, ongoing practice at sculpting the body allows the doctor to develop an experienced eye and a singularly skilled hand. Dr. Joffrey is one of the rare doctors in the Dallas who has chosen to specialize exclusively in performing liposuction surgery.
Dr. Joffrey personally does each and every liposuction consult from start to finish. He urges prospective patients to settle for nothing less when getting different opinions about lipo. “Never should a patient settle for meeting with a “consultant” or “surgical educator”.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is the removal of fat cells from the body by suction assisted surgery. It is normally performed to re-contour the body and cosmetically improve the patient’s appearance by suctioning out stubborn fatty bulges that cling to the body that have remained even after the patient has tried to diet and exercise. It’s a minimally-invasive fat-extraction method and at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic, we use an Awake Lipo method that uses only local anesthesia and mild sedation, so the risks associated with the surgery are lower. We gently suction fat out of the body through tiny incisions using an extremely thin tube (that looks like a straw). Our special surgical sculpting and contouring technique is known as micro-liposuction and has a very high-level of precision.
Liposuction is not a weight loss alternative, but we often use it as a catalyst in heavier patients to push them in the right direction and give them a head start.
How Laser Lipo work?
- The patient receives a mild sedative.
- The doctor numbs a small area of the skin
- The doctor then makes a small incisions in the skin in the target area.
- Then the doctor administers a special tumescent solution (a combination of saline, epinephrine to minimize bleeding, and lidocaine to numb the area) to the tissues under the skin through the incisions. This tumescent solution numbs the fatty tissues and makes it easier to remove.
- Finally, excess fat is suctioned out of the body through a tiny tube (known as a cannula) that’s attached to a vacuum device.
Lasers, water, or ultra-sound may be used by surgeons during liposuction procedures to accomplish specific goals like tightening the skin or dislodging fat that may otherwise be hard to remove. The doctors at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic have many types of technology and instruments that are perfect for many different patient types. The primary target during a procedure is excess fat located between the skin and the muscle tissue, but our secondary target is the skin. We use special techniques and instruments to enhance skin tone and elasticity in the target areas. Extremely small tubes suction the excess fat from the body, keeping the incision-size and scarring to a minimum
How much you ask?
Liposuction cost can vary greatly depending on the patient; however, an average size woman 5’2” and 135 lbs. who desires her abdomen to be reduced can expect the following:
- This is approximate of course and based on the amount of fat in these areas. Price would fluctuate 10-15 % up or down based on smaller or larger than average.
- If this same woman desires to add her waist/hips (mid-section) to the same surgery, only add $1000-$1500 more so a total of approximately $5300.
- As you can see the pricing gets progressively less as you add areas during the same procedure.
- All of the pricing is done on an individual basis when Dr. Joffrey personally meets with you.
Here at The Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic Center we only engage patients with simple, straightforward surgical quotes. We also do not utilize high-pressure sales tactics or follow up phone calls.
Do you offer financing?
Absolutely! At Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic, we offer several different financing options to make it easier for our patients to afford all of the benefits of liposculpture. Our clinic has strong relationships with reputable finance companies that regularly help our patients by offering both advice and financial assistance.
Many of our patients are surprised by the affordability of liposuction surgery at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic, particularly when they explore our financing options. Financing applications take only a few minutes to complete. The process is easy and afterwards, patients make affordable monthly payments.
What Modality is Best for Me?
This is a VERY good question and important topic when deciding to let someone re-shape your figure. There are so many fancy ads, gimmick devices, and sexy or alluring names for liposuction out there that it is extremely confusing for those considering “what is best”. Dr. Joffrey takes a lot of pride in educating the public on the types of lipo available and what each one does. Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic is a true lipo specialty clinic and therefore uses several different technologies for body enhancement. Dr. Joffrey prefers hand micro liposuction, smart lipo (laser liposuction), and ultrasonic assisted liposuction. It is VERY IMPORTANT to understand the following, however:
“We use many technologies and bells and whistles when we sculpt bodies but I ALWAYS tell my patients upfront that none of that is really important. Meaning it is certainly NOT the machines that are giving patients an accurate, sculpted look but instead it is the surgeon. It is confusing to patients because there are so many ads with sexy names like vaser lipo, high def lipo, ultrasonic lipo, smart lipo, tickle lipo, slim lipo, cool sculpting, liposonix, bodyjet, etc. I am not a fan of this method of advertising or exaggerating. I would hope that patients come to us because Lipo is the only surgical procedure that we perform and therefore feel that we greatly improve their chance for optimal results.”
Am I a candidate for liposuction?
In the United States, liposuction is the most common cosmetic surgical procedure performed for a reason: it works and the results are dramatic, particularly for the right patients. But are you a good candidate for liposuction?
The right patient has certain important qualities. I look for patients who have realistic expectations about micro-liposuction and what it can do for them. This procedure isn’t for everyone, but there are several things I look for in the ideal liposuction patient:
- You should be over the age of 18 years.
- You should be healthy.
- You should be within 50 pounds of your ideal weight.
- You should not be a smoker.
If you meet the above requirements, chances are, liposuction surgery is a good fit for you and you’ll see good results from it. If you’re unhappy with how your body is proportioned (for example, you have too much weight in the hips and too little in the breasts), then liposuction might be a good choice for you.
Liposuction cannot take the place of weight loss. What we do find, however, is that even heavier patients who engage in lipo are then more incentivized afterword to lead a healthier lifestyle. It can be a great kick start!
Which body areas can be treated?
Liposuction can be done on almost any area of the body. Many of our patients opt to target more than one area of the body during their liposuction procedure because we offer discounts for multiple target areas and because, by targeting multiple areas, patients see much more pronounced results. There is a limit to how many areas can be treated in one session and this is dictated by the weight of the patient and size of the areas.
- Tummy Bulge A lot of women come to us for help repairing a post-pregnancy tummy. We help women repair that tummy bulge and get their pre-pregnancy body back. With modern lipo techniques that we use here at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic, we can often even avoid the need for a tummy tuck!
- Saddle Bags (Outer Thighs) Saddlebags are some of the most popular target areas for liposuction because the thick skin in this area tends to tighten up well after the procedure. Women who use liposuction to get rid of saddlebags see dramatic, life-changing results that beautify the whole body.
- Upper Arms After extreme weight loss and as women get older, the upper arms can get flabby. Liposuction fixes this problem. Also, even young women who hate their profile when they have their arms down at their side are ecstatic after removal of that bulge in there upper arm area(where it meets the back).
- Double Chin No matter how much patients diet and exercise, the double chin persists. But laser liposuction can get rid of a double chin once and for all.
- Love Handles/Muffin Top Midsection fat is clingy. It doesn’t respond to diet and exercises even when fat on the rest of the body is melting away. Contouring this area of the body changes the appearance of the whole body.
- Bra-Bulge The bra-bulge is actually back-fat that rolls and pooches out around the bra. The fat in this area of the body is particularly resistant to exercise and diet.
- Breasts A lot of women today get liposuction surgery as a breast-reduction strategy.
- Jowls Fat tends to accumulate in the jowls as people age. Removing this fat produces results as striking as a facelift.
- Cheeks Fat removal in the cheeks can give patients a slimmer overall appearance since the face is the first thing that most people notice.
- Buttocks We don’t recommend removing fat from here but instead, we often transfer fat into the buttocks for a much more shapely butt!
Liposuction and Fat Transfer
Liposuction and fat transfer (also known as fat grafting or fat injection) are procedures that complement each other very well. We offer both at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic. Liposuction is used to remove excess fatty deposits while fat transfer is used to add volume to areas of the body that are lacking. By combining these two procedures, both men and women can re-proportion their bodies to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing effects possible.
Many of our patients seek fat transfer to combat the aging process. Adding volume to the face, hands, buttocks and breasts can give them a youthful “lift” that knocks years off your appearance. The results are NATURAL because we are only transferring your own tissues from one part of the body to another!
Fat transfer can be done on the following areas of the body to add lift or volume:
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a very popular procedure at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic for both men and women.
Many women use fat transfer for breast augmentation.
Fat transfer can be used to add volume to hollow checks, deep smile/frown lines, thin lips, scars, or sunken temples.
Aging hands can be revitalized with fat transfer.
- Prior Liposuction Procedures
Complications caused by previous liposuction procedures can sometimes be corrected through fat transfer.
In a fat transfer procedure, fat is first harvested using liposuction. Then, it is carefully prepared and purified before being injected back into the body in the final phase of the procedure. Patients remove fat from areas of the body where there is too much and move the fat to areas of the body where there is too little. Fat transfer is a safe, simple procedure that allows patients to add volume to the body naturally without inserting implants.
Using the patient’s own natural fat cells, there is no risk of allergy or sensitivity reactions. Most patients recover quickly from the procedure. And fat transfer offers smooth, natural-looking results that are permanent.
Realistic Results: What to Expect
Most liposuction patients have high hopes for their surgery, but it’s important that you keep your expectations realistic. There are many misconceptions out there about what liposuction can do for patients, but I want my patients to have a realistic view of what liposuction is, and what it can do for them. When my patients have realistic expectations, they tend to be very happy with their results. Patients who are realistic about what they can expect from liposuction often get a boost of self-confidence along with an improved appearance, which is always my goal.
No cosmetic procedure can offer permanent results because human bodies are constantly aging. However, patients who take good care of themselves after their liposuction surgery by eating a healthy diet and exercising moderately will see very long-lasting, dramatic results from this surgical procedure.
The bottom line is, patients who understand that liposuction has limitations are more likely to be satisfied with the results of their procedure. What patients can expect from their micro-liposuction procedure at Dallas Liposuction Specialty Clinic is the following:
- Very tiny scars or no scarring at all
- A quick recovery
- A dramatic final result